Holy only-5-more-weeks Batman!

7:21 AM

5. More. Weeks.
I can't believe it. It feels like I've been pregnant forever and like I will continue to be pregnant for the rest of my life. No exaggeration here, folks. I literally can't imagine what it will be like for Elijah to finally be in the cradle next to me instead of inside my belly (which feels ginormous lately, by the way.)

Kaleb got a second job! He starts working at Sam's Club some time....soon? He still has paperwork to fill out but he will be working there 2-3 times a week and the rest of the time he will be at his current job, Fairfield Inn. We are blessed! Actually, I'm blessed. I have a husband who is willing to bend over backwards to support his family so I can stay home and raise our sweet baby. All I can think of is-"What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man."

Our baby shower was last Saturday and it was AMAZING! Just look at this picture-


Check that out! I still can't get over it...even after I have put most things away in E's room and throughout the apartment, I still can't get over it. AND there are a few presents that people have brought us who couldn't attend the shower as well as a sweet vintage glider my mom got us that is currently in E's room. AAANNNNDD people are still asking us what we need. Seriously?! How can we be this blessed? I literally feel so unworthy that it's almost sickening and yet here is my Lord, providing for us as usual. 

My last day to watch the babies was the day before the shower but for this last week I have been busy. My sister was here for the whole week and we were getting ready for a friend's wedding so today is my first official day as a stay at home wifey (since Elijah is obviously not here yet). It's...boring. I have got quite a bit crossed off my to-do list for prepping Elijah's room so I am trying desperately to find more things to do. I am currently waiting for the arrival of the diaper bag I ordered off Etsy.


How cute is that? Once it's here I plan on getting our bags ready. His, mine, and Kaleb's. I am a little too excited about packing a diaper bag? Nesting...not just for the birds! 

So, 5 more weeks! I can't wait!!! And I can't wait for our family to be here. All of our immediate family is coming to see him as soon as he's born except for Kaleb's brother. And who knows how many friends will visit once we are home. Goodness, Elijah is loved! So very, very loved! But in all fairness I think I love him the most. ;]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images