Lifegroup challenge

2:01 PM

"To be a woman of God" was the name of the lesson last night. We talked about women we looked up to, who God is to us, and ways to walk towards goals. For instance, we went over the fruits of the spirit. For those of you who aren't familiar in Galatians 5:22-23 the fruits of the spirit are listed as love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I presented my life group with a challenge-Each week we will work on a fruit of the spirit. Each of us will find a verse that has to do with that certain fruit of the spirit and we will memorize it and put that fruit into practice for the week. Sounds easy? Wrong! Totally totally wrong. Be honest, this is not a simple task, it is literally a challenge. Our first fruit of the spirit for week 1 is love. That's seriously not easy. When someone is irritating you, being mean, talking down to you..your first instinct is not to love them. It's usually to get even, be mean back, or just not say anything at all.


To love. To love EVERYONE. That is definitely what the Lord has called us to do but that doesn't make it easy at all. My verse for this fruit of the spirit is John 13:34-35 

" A new command I give you: Love one another. AS I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Through the next 8 weeks (because there are 8 fruits of the spirit) I will be blogging about how I am doing with them, how my life group is doing with them, and how it is effecting all of us. Are we finding them easy for that week? Hard? Are we presented with situations right away where the Lord is helping us to practice them? How is the verse we find helping out? 

Today, I was already presented with an opportunity to love and not get mad and I totally and completely failed. I won't lie at all. I failed. I knew I needed to show love even though I was angry but I just couldn't, or at least that's what it felt like. I sat in my truck, looked down at the verse in my phone, and just said "I can't Lord" and preceded to let the anger wash over me. I made up for it later. I went back to that person and showed love but it was hard. My goal for the rest of this week's challenge is to show love FIRST. To not let the anger or emotions take over me but to let love come out of my mouth and actions first and foremost. This is going to be a hard week but I believe that knowing my girls are doing it with me is going to make it that much easier. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images