Imagine: Five Minute Friday

1:30 PM

First off I would just like to take a minute and announce that my BABY SHOWER is TOMORROW! I'm so excited! I can't wait to gather with all of my sweet friends and receive wonderful blessings of gifts for my sweet Elijah. Ok, Here we go.


GO-

Imagine. 
Imagining you.
Imagining your every curve and smell and movement.

My baby. Your brown hair is in my head. I believe even if you come out adorned with only the skin covering your head, you will one day have brown, soft, shaggy hair like your father. I imagine my nose on your perfect face. I imagine your dad's eyes staring back at me as I nurse you. Skin to skin I can already feel you. 

Soft. Sweet smell of a newborn hitting my nose when I scoop you from your cradle and instantly place you against my cheek. Staring deep into  your daddy's eyes as you take me to a new place. Is it weird that I see you in my imagination already? That I can smell you and feel you and hear your cry echoing through my mama heart that is longing to meet you? Oh, how I long to meet you. How I long to squish your precious hands against mine and lay you on your daddy's chest late at night. 

My fair skin is now yours as it mixes with the color of your dad's beautifully tan chest. And you are his son. You are my son. You are our son. And until you make your arrival...I will imagine you. 

Imagining you.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This was so beautiful. You have a poetic, organic and restful quality to your writing.

    (hopping over from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this! There is no other feeling like meeting your baby for the first time. I remember when my oldest was born I felt as if I already knew her. I dreamed about her and wondered what she would look like and she was every bit as perfect as I imagined. When you finally meet your little one face to face, it's a beautiful thing. Congratulations on bringing your little blessing into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully written post! I remember this feeling quite vividly. It's a fabulous thing to dream about! And as Ashley said above there is nothing like seeing your baby for the first time. Enjoy every second of this amazing experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Congratulations on your new son-to-come. I remember the wonder of being pregnant and imagining what the baby would look like. Who he (or she) would look like! Exciting times. In retrospect, I wish I relished the being-pregnant part a little more and hadn't wished it away quite as much. It's all such a miraculous thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I'm working on. It's definitely hard when you're in the home stretch and just want your arms to be full of your baby instead of your tummy but I'm trying to take in every little kick and push until he arrives.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images