Elijah:9 months!

11:50 AM

Oh my sweet guy! He is just too big for words anymore. I have to stop most days and just breathe because of how stinking huge he looks. He's still my baby but he's turning into my big baby and sooner than I'd like he'll be a toddler. This is so heartbreaking. At 9 months:

  •  21 lbs 5 oz
  • 27 inches long
  • Loves yogurt melts (I make them myself) and still pasta is his favorite
  • Teaching him how to drink out of a sippy cup (pretty entertaining)
  • Cloth diapered full time! But sometimes I'm lazy and don't stuff the pockets right away.
  • He pulls himself up and "cruises" while holding onto the furniture
  • Waves and says "bu-bu" 
  • Says dada 
  • Opens and closes his fist as if trying to say hi
  • He yells when I take things out of his mouth or away from him
  • He also likes to having yelling matches with us. Its so cute!
  • 8 teeth! His top 2 on the right side overlap each other. It's pretty adorable.
  • Still BF and on his Nexium (hoping to get him taken off of it soon)
  • He "dances" when Kaleb and I bounce up down in front of him

I remember wondering about all of the things he would be able to do by 9 months as I held him in my arms when he was 3 months. I really don't want him to grow up too fast but I do get very excited when he reaches a new milestone. It's bittersweet I guess. It's just like his first birthday coming up in 3 months. I'm so excited to celebrate his life with our family and friends but of course sad to think he's not this tiny bundle in my arms anymore. He's doing so well with his sleep now. He had an entire week of only waking once in the middle of the night to nurse but I guess that was a fluke. He wakes up 2-3 times now. I can work with that as long as he's in his crib. He attended his first crawfish boil at my in laws house this past weekend. I thought about letting him try a bite but it was even too spicy for me so he munched on some bread while the rest of us enjoyed the crawfish. His first Easter is coming up next weekend and my in law's will be coming up for that. Excited to celebrate with family and for him to get his first Easter "basket" (I put together an Easter dump truck instead).

Oh, Elijah. I cannot wait to see what these next few months as my baby hold for you. You're inching closer and closer to the big ONE and I feel like I can't even fathom the thought of you growing and never being my tiny squish again. Is this a first time mom feeling or does this happen with each kid? Constantly dreading yet getting excited about his very first birthday....

*sigh* my fat, fat is growing too fast.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images